Friday, February 17, 2012

Peacemaking Efforts

Along my journey of becoming involved with multi-faith dialogue I was asked a question which challenged me and ultimately led me to be doing what I am doing today. The question was asked by David Streight, the president of Council of Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE), at a conference I was attending with other independent school teachers. He asked the question, “What are you doing to be a peacemaker?” I knew I was not doing enough and when I left the conference I began many multi-faith endeavors at Canterbury School and Fort Wayne. As my journey continues it is inspiring to discover people who are involved in the courageous and important work of peacemaking. Here are two links which are worth looking at to become aware of what is happening in our world. What are you doing to be a peacemaker? Please leave a comment so I can be aware of the many other peacemaking efforts which are occurring in our world.


No comments: