Tuesday, August 2, 2011

An Interfaith Event: When I Die

Shalom! My summer has been filled with growth and God's grace. The academic calendar is such a wonderful thing because it typically gives me the opportunity to become refreshed with new ideas. This summer, though, was different. There has been much sadness and pain experienced with those I care about. And there has been much celebration and joy with those who I care about.  Isn't that the how life works? Even amongst our pain we celebrate, and when we celebrate we often have pain. My own growth comes out of much sadness and much joy. I'm reminded that God is a God of completeness and wholeness.  I am often asked why I even bother with this endeavor of Interfaith Dialogue, because it seems so hopeless to many. These verses from Psalms 25:4-5 are my prayer. "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Amidst the sadness and the joy, my hope is in God for He desires us to live in peace.
I am just now getting the last Interfaith Event, "When I Die" up on YouTube. I apologize for the delay for many of you have asked about it. Here is the link to the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrAsedoVqv0&feature=related
I am anticipating a great year filled with God's hope of living in peace.











No comments: